2004 BUGATTI TYPE 59 4.2 MANUAL RECREATION
We are excited to offer this superb recreation of a Type 59 Bugatti. The attention to detail makes this example special. Your choice to drive and experience the real adrenaline flow of the earlier race drivers (can spin the drive wheels in all five gears) or put it indoors and admire it.
There is an interesting story in the creation of this car which we are happy to share.
1) Design – Trafford Engineering, Altringham, Cheshire, UK
2) Body/chassis – Projects of Distinction, Redditch, Birmingham UK – Chassis- 3mm folded steel monocoque centre section with tubular steel sub frames front and rear.
Body-16 gauge aluminium panels
3) Wheels – Aston Martin DB4 pattern – Motor Wheel Services
Tyres- Pirelli CA67 185 VR 16
4) Rear axle – MGB V8 live rear axle located on four trailing arms and a panhard rod
5) Brakes – Ford Granada Mk2 ventilated front discs, uprights and callipers, MGB rear drums, twin compensated servos
6) Suspension – Double unequal length round tube wishbones. Ford Granada Mk 2 uprights including adjustable coilspring damper units, Four Spax coil over shock absorbers.
7) Motor . Series 2 4.2 litre 6 cylinder Jaguar reconfigured for unleaded fuel. Reg Lee Jaguar, Paralowie, SA Twin SU HS6 carburettors. Power - 245 bhp at 5400rpm
8) Steering. Articulated, collapsible steering column. Australian Technology, Wayville, SA . Motalita steering wheel
9) Cockpit fitout - RSK Engineering, Mt Crawford SA
10) Trim - Stateside Trim Nuriootpa SA
12) Instruments – Classic Instruments, Oregon City, Oregon USA
13) Consulting Engineers: Doug Potts, Australian Tecnology, Wayville SA., Gavin Sandford-Morgan, V&M Engineering, Stepney SA
14) Weight - 725 Kgm
15) Cost of build - $182,000
Now on display in our new showroom.
We can arrange door to door delivery Australia-wide.
If you wish to come and take a closer look, we are just five minutes from Adelaide airport. Our mechanic is on-hand weekdays to assist you - hoist available.
|Model:||Type 59 Replica recreation|