1965 FORD MUSTANG FASTBACK 289 - MANUAL - 28,667 MILES SHOWING RHD 'A' Code
A rather special Mustang Fastback presenting in yellow with complimentary black interior trim.
The current owner for over 30 years best tells the story.
"I have had my car for almost 30 years using it first as my daily driver for over 8 years.
During that time I have also re-built it twice, the last time only 2500 miles ago with a back to bare metal paint job and almost new everything - Engine, Diff, Brakes, Recon Gearbox, Stainless 2.5inch Dynomax Exhaust, HPC coated Try-Y headers, Springs, Shock Absorbers, Sway Bars, Trim, Carpets, Steering Wheel etc. It was a bare shell restoration."
These details of the car are also supplied by the current owner and are as follows:-
- Worked and detailed 289 Windsor
- 30 Thou over
- 10.5 : 1 Compression, Hypereutectic pistons
- Balanced and blue printed
- 302 Heads, ported and polished
- Edelbrock Torker intake
- New Holley 600 4BBL
- High Volume Oil Pump
- Shelby Cobra Alloy big volume Sump
- Cobra Air Cleaner and Rocker Covers.
- 4 Speed Top Loader
- Re-conditioned shifter
- Brand new Clutch
- Ceramic Coated TriY headers
- 2.5 inch Dynomax polished stainless dual exhaust
- Factory GT trumpets
- Grab-a-trak sway bars
- Bilstien Shocks - front
- Gabriel shocks - rear
- Lowered new Springs – rear, new bushes
- Lovell lowered springs - front
- Shelby traction rods
- K Code Mustang “9 inch” Ford
- 3.55 gears
- Limited slip
- New Kelsey Hayes Discs - front
- New Larger Ford Drums - rear
- New pads and shoes
- Black Pony Trim / wood trim
- Brand New GT Steeering wheel
- Scott Drake Rally Pac
- New Carpets, near new seats
- Sound deadening insulation
- GT Instruments
- Insulated and sound deadener
- Painted in chassis black
- Restored and painted Fuel tank
BODY and PAINT
- Back to Bare Metal restoration
- Springtime Yellow Factory colour
- 2 Pack Paint
- Straight as an arrow
- Full Cleaned and painted underside
- GT grille, driving lights and badging
- New front bumper
- New headlights
- Restored rear qtr interior panels
- Restored rear window glass
- Mirror finish RHD conversion
WHEELS and TYRES
- Styled Steel Wheels
- 6x14 Front / 7x14 Rear
- BF Goodrich TA Radials
If you have always wanted a well sorted 65 Mustang Fastback in manual, this is the car for you. American muscle at it's best.
Available to admire on our state of the art showroom floor in Adelaide.
We can arrange transport door to door Australia wide.
Finance - our broker offers VERY competitive rates and prompt service.
We welcome the opportunity to consider your trade in.